Juvéderm® injectable gel
As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with Juvéderm® injectable gel, you don’t have to just sit back and let it happen!
Juvéderm® is a “next-generation” filler. It is made from hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to hydrate and add volume. Hyaluronic acid may diminish with age, contributing to the formation of wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm® injectable gel works to correct this by restoring hyaluronic acid in your skin, helping to smooth wrinkles and folds.
Juvéderm® is the ONLY hyaluronic acid filler FDA approved to last up to one year.
How juvéderm® works
Juvéderm® injectable gel dermal filler is a nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment. Dr. Julieta Z. Ryder eases Juvederm® under the skin using a fine needle to fill the soft tissue of the dermis, the dense inner layer of skin beneath the epidermis, to add volume and diminish wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm® injectable gel is great for your “laugh lines”, “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds), or “marionette lines” (oral commissures).
Juvéderm® has a unique manufacturing process that provides a high concentration of cross-linked hyaluronic acid for long-lasting results. It also creates a smooth consistency gel that flows easily into the skin during the injection process and provides a smooth, natural look and feel – so everyone will notice (but no one will know)!
What to expect during treatment
Because Juvéderm® injectable gel is a simple, nonsurgical wrinkle treatment, there is minimal recovery or downtime. So you can make an appointment to stop by our office for treatment on the way home from work or the gym, or even while the kids are at soccer practice – and get right back to your life.
- When you arrive: If this is your first visit, our Patient Advisor will ask you about your medical history, including any allergies you may have or medications you may take, and will tell you more about wrinkle treatment with Juvéderm®. Juvéderm® injectable gel does not require an allergy test.
- Determining your treatment needs, Dr. Julieta Z. Ryder will examine the soft tissue of your face to assess the depth of wrinkles and folds to determine your treatment. This allows Dr. Julieta Z. Ryder to better tailor treatment to your unique needs. She may even take pre-treatment photographs so you can see the difference after treatment!
Before the procedure: Although anesthesia is not required, Dr. Julieta Z. Ryder may use topical anesthesia to numb the treatment area first. Newer formulations of Juvéderm® also contain lidocaine to aid in decreasing discomfort during injections.
The procedure: Dr. Julieta Z. Ryder will ease the Juvederm® injectable gel under your skin to augment, or fill, wrinkles and folds. Following the injection, she may gently massage the treated areas. The procedure is quick and easy. The injection itself usually takes only about 15 minutes.
After the procedure: With Juvéderm®, there is minimal recovery or downtime.
For the first 24 hours following treatment, you should avoid strenuous exercise, excessive sun or heat exposure, and consumption of alcoholic beverages in order to help minimize the risks of temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the treatment sites. After the treatment, some temporary injection-related reactions may occur, including redness, pain, firmness, swelling and bumps. Studies have shown that these are usually mild to moderate in nature and clear up on their own in seven days or less. If you experience swelling at the injection site, you can apply an ice pack for a brief period. Dr. Julieta Z. Ryder will tell you when make-up may be applied after your treatment.
Seeing Results: You should see an immediate improvement in the treatment areas. Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing. And one treatment could smooth your lines and wrinkles for up to one year! However, results may vary and correction is temporary. Supplemental “touch up” treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal results.
If you’re not a member of the Brilliant Distinctions® Program yet, here’s what you can enjoy:
- Earn points each time you get BOTOX® Cosmetic and/or JUVÉDERM® XC treatments, as well as LATISSÉ® or Skin Medica Skin Care products from a participating physician.
- Redeem your points for big savings on BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM® XC, LATISSE®, and Skin Medica products.
- Or, make a difference in someone else’s life by donating your points to Dress for Success® or the Make-A-Wish Foundation®
Receive a personalized monthly eNewsletter that includes:
- Helpful tips, articles and information personalized just for you
- Promotions to earn bonus points, point balances, treatment reminders, and exclusive invitations to events in your area
- Register now at: www.brilliantdistinctionsprogram.com.
For more information contact our Patient Advisor at 330-747-2733 or [email protected].